The recent mandate for Contra Costa, and surrounding communities to Shelter-In-Place has only compounded the anxiety of the impact of COVID-19 threats. The rapidly spreading virus has hit pandemic levels. To keep the community safe and healthy, the county has ordered people to Shelter-In-Place.
A Shelter-In-Place order means that all non-essential businesses, such as bars, shops, and fitness centers are ordered to close. Restaurants will remain open for take-out and delivery orders. Grocery stores, hardware stores, pharmacies will stay open. Other essential organizations that will remain open include jails, hospitals, and shelters, although this is not a comprehensive list.
We Must Support Our Local Businesses While We Shelter-In-Place
As we Shelter-in-Place, there are still ways we can support our local businesses and our local economy. The Downtown Brentwood Coalition is working diligently to support their brick-and-mortar members and keep the downtown corridor alive with business. However, the Board of Directors, and president Pete Jacoway, also understand that the business community is having to quickly change what ‘business as usual’ looks like.
What we once enjoyed as a dine-in experience or store-front browsing will now turn digital. This will allow us to enjoy the flavors of our downtown eateries and shop from our playful storefronts from the comfort of our home. Here is a list of what you can expect and how you can get in touch with our local shops, listed in no particular order.
Options for Take-Out, Delivery and Curbside Pickup During Shelter in Place (Downtown Brentwood Corridor)
- Hours of operation: Monday – Friday, 8 am -2 pm/Saturday and Sunday 7 am – 2 pm. Take-out and curbside pick-up only
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone call: 925-684-7242
- Address: 655 First Street, Brentwood CA 94513
- Hours of operation: 2 pm-8:30 pm take out
- Call 925-428-1616
- Facebook and Instagram
- Location: 234 Oak Street, Brentwood CA 94513
- Hours of Operation: Tuesday – Wednesday 4 pm – 9 pm/Thursday – Sunday 11:30 am – 8:30 am.
- Call: 925-634-4263
- Location: 235 Oak Street, Brentwood CA 94513
- Hours of Operation: Wines will be made available at special events. Follow on social media or email for details
- Phone Number: 925-634-9463
- Email: email@example.com
- Location: 633 1st Street, Brentwood, CA 94513
- Hours of Operation: Per contact restaurant directly. Hours are being modified daily.
- Phone Number:925-934-5192
- Location: 301 Oak Street, Brentwood CA 94513
- Hours of Operation: Wednesday – Sunday, 11 am – 6 pm offering take-out only from an Express Menu
- Phone Number: 925-418-4708
- Facebook and Instagram
- Location: 613 First Street, Brentwood CA 94513
- Hours of Operation: Sunday – Thursday from 11 am- 8 pm/Friday-Saturday 11 am – 10 pm. Take-out only.
- Phone Number: 925-240-2151
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Location: 561 First Street, Brentwood CA 94513
- Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 7 am – 6 pm/Saturday 7 am- 5 pm. Take-out and delivery options only.
- Phone Number: 925-684-7248
- Fax: 925-684-7249
- Facebook and Instagram
- Location: 729 1st Street, Brentwood CA 94513
- Hours of Operation: Orders for take-out are being accepted for lunch and dinner services. Contact restaurant for hours of operation
- Phone Number: 925-634-1025
- Location: 144 Oak Street, Brentwood, CA 94513
- Hours of Operation: Contact the restaurant directly. Hours will change based on availability.
- Phone Number: 925-684-7035
- Website and online orders
- Location: 761 2nd Street, Brentwood CA 94513
- Hours of Operation: Contact business directly. Hours will change based on availability.
- Phone Number: 925-577-1071
- Location: 234 Oak Street Suite B, Brentwood CA 94513
Downtown Retailers, Gift Shop and Apparel Available During Shelter in Place
Although food and beverages are the most appealing while we are under Shelter in Place measures, taking the time to support other local retailers will support the business community. Whether you make an online order or purchase a gift card for a later purchase. Plus, what better way to feel good during a Shelter in Place mandate is to look good! Be sure to follow up on websites and social media sites.
More Contra Costa Locations Open For Business
There are also many local businesses located outside of the downtown Brentwood corridor you can visit for essential items during this statewide crisis. Be sure to contact the business, visit their webpage or follow their social media feed for hours and special business instructions.
Food and Drink Options
Essential Services and Resources
Intero Real Estate – only by phone: 925-516-9090
Check Websites and Call Frequently While You Shelter In Place
Because there are rapid changes to mandates and regulations, please check back the websites and social media pages of each retailer, storefront, or restaurant regularly – or just give the business a quick call. As regulations change, our local retailers are having to change their business processes as well. There is no ‘simple’ solution except for everyone to be a flexible and understanding consumer.
We also invite you to have a bit of patience. Most of our local business are having to create new processes and train team members on the fly. This means there might be blips in processes that have not yet been worked out yet.
Supporting Our Local Economy Is Critical
Remember, this is a hard time for all of us. The only certainty is uncertainty. However, the one action we can all take is to support our local businesses, help them keep their doors open and employees with a job – all which will support the delicate local economy we live in. And no not forget to visit local farms that have fresh fruits and veggies to offer. Check out the Harvest Time website for updates on open farms and farm stands.
We all must take steps to support our local shops and eateries to keep them in business during this very difficult time. This is an opportunity where we can support our community of business owners and keep them in business beyond this very difficult period. Plus, having access to a variety of foods and being able to enjoy the products from our local retailers will give you something to look forward to every day.
We are exploring unprecedented times. It is time to stand up, and show up for our local businesses until life, as we know it, returns to the downtown Brentwood corridor.